How can I rent a trailer?
In order to rent a trailer from us, you need to be a bona-fide company operating in the state of Ohio. You must also have a valid account open with us along with a credit limit and a proper insurance certificate on file. If you do not currently have an account set up with us, you will need to set one up. All you have to do is fill out our credit application completely and send it back to us. We can fax you an application, or you can simply click here and fill it out on line. Call us for more information.
Do I need insurance coverage?
Yes. Every trailer that goes out on rent must have insurance coverage in the form of a valid insurance certificate from your insurance company. This is to protect all of our assets. The certificates should list Transport Services, Inc., 10499 Royalton Road, Cleveland, Ohio 44133 as the certification holder and must have the following requirements:
For over the road trailers:
- Commercial auto liability or truckers liability insurance with coverage For any auto (including semi-trailers), and or leased autos with a
combined single limit of $1,000,000 per accident/occurrence.
- Transport Services, Inc. must be listed as additional insured. Commercial auto physical damage or truckers damage insurance to provide collision and comprehensive coverage for hired vehicles
(including semi-trailers) on a actual cash value basis.
- Transport Services, Inc. must be included as a loss payee.
- The certificate must contain a 30 day written notice of cancellation or of a material change in coverage.
For storage trailers:
- Commercial general liability insurance written on a per occurrence form,
- Or garage liability insurance with coverage for premises operations,
- Underground explosion and collapse, contractual liability, and broad form
property damage with a combined single limit of $1,000,000 per occurrence.
- Transport Services, Inc. must be included as additional insured. Commercial property insurance written on special form or broad form providing for the physical loss or damage including theft of the trailer. Transport Services, Inc. must be included as loss payee. The certificate must contain a 30 day written notice of cancellation or of a material change in coverage.
Does Transport Services, Inc. provide insurance?
No. We are neither an insurance company nor an agent/broker. Your insurance carrier should be able to provide you with the proper coverage that you need to rent a trailer from us. Our Insurance Administrator can help you get set up by working directly with your insurance agent if you so desire.
How do I get the trailer?
You can pick it up from our yard, or we can transport it to your location for the cost of delivery.
Who is responsible for maintenance on a rental trailer?
It depends on what kind of lease you want, and the nature of the repair. You have a choice between a standard or net maintenance contract. We offer a standard maintenance package through which we will cover costly repairs on the trailer, such as worn tires and brakes. Net maintenance is free of charge, but you are responsible for maintaining the trailer.
What do I do if I have a problem with your trailer?
If the problem occurs during normal business hours, call us. We will let you know all of your options. If the problem happens after normal business hours call our 24 hour breakdown number: 888-679-3963 or get the trailers repaired by any repair shop of your choice and call us immediately the next business day. Getting the trailer back in service for you is more important to us. Call us with any other questions, concerns, or to clarify any specific scenarios.